In autumn 1941, at the suggestion of the Jewish Consistory and with the permission of the Gestapo, the construction of barracks begins. A total of nine single level concrete barracks are planned. The consistory wanted to counteract the lack of space and hoped to be able to permanently accommodate more Jews here in order to save them from deportation. This hope is shattered in July 1942 when about 205 Jews from Luxembourg – 98 of them from Cinqfontaines – are deported to the East. As a result, the construction of the barracks is stopped. After the war, the concrete foundations with a total volume of over 600 cubic meters are partly built over, while part is demolished. Today, parts of the foundations of these planned barracks can still be seen in Cinqfontaines.