Skip to content
Le Gouvernement du Grand-Duché du Luxembourg

Home Léon Dehon

From 1950 onwards, Caritas organises a summer colony in Cinqfontaines every year. At first, the participating children stay overnight in the former monastery. When the Sacred Heart Priests returned to Cinqfontaines in 1954, the children could no longer be accommodated in the main building. For this reason, construction work begins on a new holiday home in 1956, which is inaugurated by the bishop in 1957. The building stands partly on the foundations of the barracks that were planned as an extension of the “Jewish Retirement Home”. In 1989, Caritas ends its activities in Cinqfontaines. Subsequently, the Sacred Heart Priests buy and renovate the home and name it after the founder of their order, Léon Dehon.