In Cinqfontaines there is a former grain and oil mill, probably built between 1822 and 1829. The mill probably belonged at times to a clergyman from Ulflingen, to which the Luxembourgish place name “Pafemillen” can be traced. The origin of the name “Cinqfontaines” or “Cinqfontaines” is not known. However, both names can already be found in official documents, newspapers and letters of the 19th century. When the Sacred Heart Priests acquired the old farm in Cinqfontaines in 1903, the mill was still occupied by a miller and his family. In 1904, the priests finally acquire the mill as well and install a turbine to generate electricity in 1905.
In the 1930s, a residential part for the monastery residents was added to the building, the so-called “Bridderhaus” (Brother’s House). During the time of the “Jewish Retirement Home”, Jews are also housed there due to a lack of space.